Tuesday nights in March are set to see the ABC debut two new arts-focused series – Creatives and Meet The Mavericks – alongside the return of Jennifer Byrne’s The Book Club.
Creatives is a biographical series about four highly talented Australian artists from the fields of theatre, music, art and dance, including Kev Carmody, Michelle Ryan, Patricia Piccinini and John Bell.
Meanwhile, Meet the Mavericks is a new interview series featuring some of our most iconic artists, performers, cultural leaders and all around troublemakers, in conversation about their work, passions, shared experiences and takes on the world.
Meet the Mavericks pairs guests from different generations and fields who have aspects of their work or areas of interest in common:
- Archibald prize winning painter and activist Ben Quilty, with indigenous filmmaker and visual artist Warwick Thornton
- Turner Prize winning sculptor, TV presenter and cross-dresser Grayson Perry, with comedian and author Magda Szubanski
- Award winning actor, Miranda Tapsell, with mentor and fellow actor/director Leah Purcell
- Cultural commentator and Radio National host Phillip Adams, with musician, actor, and composer Tim Minchin
- Triple j host, satirist, documentary maker and author John Safran, with his British counterpart and fellow gonzo journalist Jon Ronson
Finally, The Book Club will return to celebrate its 10th anniversary in May.
Jennifer Byrne will again be joined by fellow book-lovers, and long-time club members, Marieke Hardy and Jason Steger, plus show favourites Michael Williams, Michael Robotham, Leigh Sales, Adam Liaw, Virginia Gay and Ben Law to name a few.