CinéfestOZ has announced the five finalists who will be in the running for the second annual Film Prize worth $100,000. The Film Prize encourages excellence in filmmaking in Australia, and supports the nation’s film industry.
The Film Prize goes to the producer of an Australian feature film or feature-length documentary and this year there were more than 30 submissions. The winner is voted by a team of five respected members of the film industry which is headed by Australian actor David Wenham.
The finalists in the running for the cash prize are:
- Backtrack produced by Michael Petroni, Jamie Hilton, and Antonia Barnard
- Now Add Honey produced by Robyn Butler and Wayne Pope.
- Pawno produced by Paul Ireland and Damien Hill
- Putuparri and the Rainmakers produced by John Moore and Nicole Ma, and
- The Daughter produced by Jan Chapman and Nicole O’Donohue.
The winner will be announced at the festival in Western Australia on Saturday 29th of August.
For the full event program and tickets, go to www.cinefestoz.com. Early bird tickets are on sale now and they are publicly available on the 31st of July.