Monster Pictures wants to invite Aussies to the weird and wacky, The Greasy Down Under Tour, showcasing the Sundance film The Greasy Strangler.
Directed by Jim Hoskings, The Greasy Strangler, tells the tale of Big Ronnie (Michael St Michaels) who runs a disco walking tour in LA with his son, Big Brayden (Sky Elobar). The arrival of a ‘sassy young thing’ named Janet at one of his tours sets off a rival for affections – oh and the appearance of a grease-covered maniac who stalks through the night strangling innocent people.
The wacky film is produced by an impressive team including actor Elijah Wood (Lord of the Rings), British director Ben Wheatley (High Rise), American cinema chain entrepreneur Tim League (The Alamo Drafthouse) and Kiwi film producer Ant Timpson (Deathgasm)
The tour will see a number of special screenings take place along Australia’s east coast, with the film’s stars Michael St Michaels and Sky Elobar.
The Greasy Strangler will play Special Event dates from November 27 – December 4. Screenings will be accompanied by Greasy Q&As, and selected sessions holding Greasy Gala’s which will allow viewers a chance to transform into ‘hootie tootie disco cuties!’
Check out the tour dates below:
- MELBOURNE: Sunday November 27 – Lido Cinemas (Monster Fest Closing Film)
- BALLARAT: Wednesday November 30 – Regent Cinemas
- HOBART: Thursday December1 – State Cinema (Mini Monster Fest Opening Film)
- ADELAIDE: Friday December 2 – Piccadilly Cinemas
- BRISBANE: Saturday December 3 – New Farm Cinemas
- SYDNEY: Sunday December 4th – Dendy Newtown (A Night of Horror Film Festival Closing Film)