The show Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee has found its home on Netflix. The program sees comedian, Jerry Seinfeld driving around with a guest in a cool car where they chat and stop to consume coffee together. The tenth season is about to premiere and we have put together the top five things you need to know.
1. Tracy Morgan gets a fun and showy 1984 Ferrari GTO as his transport. There were only 27 of them ever made and it suits this ebullient actor and comedian to a tee. Look out for the scene where he shows off one of Michael Jackson’s sparkly gloves in a display case and Seinfeld proposes cloning the late, great artist.
2. Ellen DeGeneres shares the story of how she first got started in comedy and proves herself to be one loveable lady. She and Seinfeld discuss kids and while Ellen doesn’t have any of her own with her partner Portia de Rossi- she still proves she’d make a great mother by teaching Jerry a valuable lesson.
3. Alec Baldwin and Seinfeld actually come from the same home town of Massapequa in Long Island. The pair are your typical New Yorkers who enjoy taking in the smog and poking fun at their marriages. This interview is like being a fly-on-the-wall to a private catch-up with two very good friends. It’s a highlight of this series.
4. Saturday Night Live star Kate McKinnon describes the 1962 Fiat 600 Multipla as a “Tic-tac.” The car is a cute little van with a top speed of 80km/hour. It also has a large enough interior to allow McKinnon to drop off some books at a local charity shop.
5. Look out for Hasan Minhaj on his Netflix comedy special, Homecoming King and a forthcoming weekly comedy show. Minhaj’s childhood dreams were made when he was treated to a spin in a Ferrari Testarossa, which Michael Jordan – his basketball playing hero – also drives.
Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee launches globally on Netflix on Friday, July 6th.