Xbox has announced a partnership with V8 Supercars Australia to bring 10 cars from the current V8 Supercar series into the upcoming Forza Motorsport 6 game with 2015 liveries. The newest game in the Forza franchise launches in September, and is exclusive to Xbox One. The game has a range of new features, such as night and physically-based wet weather racing alongside more interactive cars than ever.
In addition this, V8 Supercar champion and 2014 Hall of Fame inductee, Mark Skaife, will be included as a voiceover in the game for the Mount Panorama circuit for the first time in gaming history. “Being asked by the Turn 10 team to have my voice in the game is an honour and a privilege,” Skaife said. “I’m thrilled to be included in Forza Motorsport 6.”
Xbox has also announced a continuation of its partnership with DJR Team Penske for the Enduro rounds of the V8 Supercar Championship series in 2015, which sees the Xbox Race Car livery driven by Marcos Ambrose and Scott Pye for all races in the series. This includes the Wilson Security Sandown 500, Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000 and Castrol Gold Coast 600 races.
A list of the cars from the V8 Supercar series was announced today:
- 2015 Mercedes-Benz #4 Erebus Motorsports E63 AMG V8 Supercar
- 2015 Holden #22 Holden Racing Team VF Commodore
- 2015 Mercedes-Benz #9 Erebus Motorsport E63 AMG V8 Supercar
- 2015 Volvo #33 Wilson Security Racing GRM S60
- 2015 Holden #97 Tekno Autosports VF Commodore
- 2015 Holden #1 Red Bull Racing Australia VF Commodore
- 2015 Holden #14 Lockwood Racing VF Commodore
- 2015 Ford #5 Pepsi Max Crew PRA Falcon FG X
- 2015 Nissan #23 Nissan Motorsport Altima
- 2015 Ford #17 Xbox Racing Ford Falcon FG X
Forza Motorsport 6 will be available in Australia on September 15th exclusively for Xbox One.